Ripe Banana Fritters
Posted Aug. 28, 2022 by reliq
Here's a quick and easy Jamaican breakfast recipe; Good ol' ripe banana fritters. Enjoy!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- Oil for frying
- Peel and mash the ripe bananas.
- Beat egg, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Incorporate egg mixture with mashed bananas.
- Then add flour and baking powder and mix completely.
- Add up to ½ cup of milk, but only enough to obtain a batter that is slightly more solid than pancake consistency. (The difference will depend on the ripeness and consistency of the bananas added).
- Add oil to a frying pan and place on medium high heat.
- Drop spoonful of the batter into the hot oil.
- Flip when the edges start to get golden brown.
- Add confectioner's sugar or whipped cream to the hot fritters and serve.
Originally posted on jamaicanpass.com. (discontinued)