Posted Aug. 28, 2022 by reliq
It's breakfast time. Why not have some delicious Cornmeal Porridge?
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal (coarse or fine)
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup half and half (or milk)
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 2 drops vanilla flavoring
- Add cornmeal to a bowl, and then pour enough water into the bowl to cover the cornmeal.
- Use a fork to mix the cornmeal in the bowl to let the water and cornmeal mix loose and watery.
- Bring the 4 cups of water to boil in a saucepan.
- Turn the heat to medium.
- Slowly pour the water and cornmeal into the saucepan while stirring with a fork.
- Stir the mix continuously for about 3 minutes; make figure eight patterns as this will stop the cornmeal from forming lumps.
- Turn the fire down when splashes from the pot become large.
- Cover the pot and let simmer for about twenty minutes; occasionally stirring the mixture in the pot.
- Turn off the fire, but do not remove the pot from the stove.
- Add all the other ingredients.
Originally posted on jamaicanpass.com. (discontinued)